If you’re like us, you probably like to have family movie night. The thing is deciding on a family movie to watch that is appealing to mom, dad, and children can be difficult. Well here at 30-five we thought that we would share our list of the top 35 family movies that should be on your list for family movie night.
So pop your popcorn and prepare your movie snacks, sit back and enjoy these family classics.
Top 35 Family Movies
- Home Alone – this movie never gets old, it’s a true classic. You’ll remember the classic capers that Kevin pulls off as he is left home alone during the holidays. Interesting to note that there is a cameo appearance than one of our favorites, John Candy.
- The Great Outdoors – John Candy is fantastic in this hilarious comical classic. A Chicago man’s hope for a peaceful family vacation in the woods is shattered when the annoying in-laws drop in. Dan Aykroyd with the classic line, “…will you throw in a couple of hats and shirts for the kids if I can get a dessert in him?” replying to the cook as John Candy’s character finishes a 96 oz steak. Great stuff, the kids will love this one.
- Parenthood – another one of our favorites with Steve Martin at the helm. Look for an early acting appearance by Keanu Reeves in this one. I can’t tell you how many times that we have watched this one.
- School of Rock – Jack Black is awesome in this one. This is another of our favorite shows that we have watched numerous times over the years.
- Star Wars – the one that started it all. Lots of excitement with great characters, even after all of these years.
- ET – a classic that I have not yet actually seen, none-the-less a great family movie.
- Napoleon Dynamite – hey you gonna eat those tots? This is one of the most unique and most fun movies to come out in recently memory. Vote for Pedro.
- Nacho Libre – Jack Black shines in this one as Nacho.
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles – ah the dynamic duo of Steve Martin and John Candy.
- Toy Story – to infinity and beyond.
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Slumdog Millionaire
- A Bug’s Life
- Return of the Jedi
- Empire Strikes Back
- Bad News Bears (Original One from 1976)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- The Wizard of Oz
- Back to the Future
- The Lion King
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
- The Sandlot
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Freaky Friday
- Problem Child
- Pee Wees Big Adventure
- The Wedding Singer
There you have it, 35 classic family movies to consider for family movie night. Think one is missing from our list? Drop us a comment and we’ll see if it will make next year’s list.